2023 Legacy Awards
Nominations for the 2023 Legacy Awards are now open. Click here to access the nomination form. Nominations have been extended to Tuesday, August 29, 2023.
The Pacific States/British Columbia Oil Spill Task Force is pleased to announce this year’s Legacy Award winners. Every two years, we solicit nominations for candidates (individuals, teams, and entities) that have carried out exemplary work in the field of oil spill prevention, preparedness and response. This award serves as the Task Force’s recognition for outstanding work and accomplishments to foster best practices, to support and protect communities, and to protect the environment. View a complete list of previous Legacy Award recipients here.
The 2021 Legacy Award recipients are:
- Geoff Backman, Halalt First Nation
- Curtiss Clumpner, Oiled Wildlife Care Network
- Marta Green, San Juan County
- Conor Keeney, Marathon Petroleum
- Ken Lee, Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Judd Muskat, CA Office of Spill Prevention and Response
- Susan Saupe, Cook Inlet Regional Citizens Advisory Council (CIRCAC)
- Gary Shigenaka, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Vince Mitchell and Cheryl Surface, Independent Contractors
The 2021 Legacy Awards were presented at the Annual Meeting on November 17, 2021. The Annual Meeting took place virtually on ZOOM. Details on the event are available here.