The Task Force is hosting periodic webinars on new and emerging issues and topics on spill prevention, preparedness and response. The purpose of these webinars is to share information and ideas with our partners, stakeholders and the public to share lessons learned and best practices. We will feature guest presenters along with Task Force agency members for lively presentations and panel discussion. Join us!
Please check back regularly to see what’s coming.
More coming, stay tuned!
Renewable Fuels – Fundamentals, Future and Response Planning
August 31, 2021 – 10:30-12:00 PM Pacific Time
Members of the Task Force jurisdictions and industry to discussed the state of the knowledge on renewable fuels.
1. Gordon Schremp, CA Energy Commission, Renewable Fuels Fundamentals
2. Steve Konig, Marathon Petroleum, Industry Perspectives
3. Greg McGowan CA Office of Spill Prevention and Response, Spill Response
4. Martice Vasquez,CA Office of Spill Prevention and Response, Toxicity of renewables
Lessons Learned from Virtual Drills and Prevention Efforts During COVID-19
June 30 and July 7, 2021 10:30-12:00 PDT both days
Day 1: Virtual Drills and Exercises
Day 2: Virtual Inspections
Salish Sea Green Boating Happy Hour
May 26, 2021
This webinar provided tips and resources to protect the Salish Sea from potential boater impacts. It gave an understanding of clean boating practices to implement in the Salish Sea and how to reduce boater impact to aid in the recovery of the Southern Resident Orcas. The speakers were:
- Michele Young, Clean Marine BC Coordinator, Georgia Strait Alliance
- Aaron Barnett, Environmental Outreach Specialist, Washington Sea Grant
- Blair Englebrecht, Boating Programs Manager, Puget Soundkeeper Alliance